Thursday, July 12, 2012

Poop and other things

Okay this blog is not about Poop. I just wanted it in the title. I like saying poop, it makes me giggle.

Alrighty kids, i didn't complete the 7 books in 7 days, BOOOO!! I got 5 1/2 done. The dreams book seemed to take me a while. I want to try the challenge again. I may do this a few times a year to help boost my reading skills and learn more about topics that interest me. Even though I didn't complete the challenge, I enjoyed it very much. I also learned I am better under pressure. If I have a time frame then I work harder at the goal.  The longer the time frame the more I procrastinate. I had a time frame for a sewing project (Due this Sunday) and guess what? I have not started it. All of a sudden I have this feeling like I NEED to get it done.  I don't like rushed work. I don't think the work is good quality if you rush. So why do I do this? If you know please tell me, so I can change this.

I went to the Antioch City Council meeting on Tuesday. It was my first time going and I must say that it was interesting. I think I will start going on a regular basis. I went to the meeting on Tuesday because one of my neighbors has been trying to get us air conditioning. YES we have no air conditioning and its in the 100s here. I live in a townhouse which means when we sleep or get on the PC it's upstairs in the awful heat. We are no longer allowed to have window air conditioners (price range $60-250). The ones the owners of my complex want us to use cost at least $500. Most people in the complex are on a fixed income of some kind. Many do work or have jobs but it's usually minimum wage. Well to make a long story short we heard some things from the council and are hoping to hear more info in the next few weeks. Cross your fingers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...