Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Slumber Party 3.12.11


Samantha's slumber party went well. There were a couple of girls who came to the party but couldn't stay the night. They had pizza, salad, and cupcakes. I made punch which came out pretty yummy. I looked through a variety of recipes and just took what I liked from them. The girls loved it. 
 The girls watched Austin Powers: Goldmember when the party first started and then switched to playing Singstar on the PS2. They sang 3 songs over and over again; Ashlee Simpson- Invisible, Britney Spears- Hit Me Baby One More Time, and Panic! at the Disco- I Write Sins Not Tragedies (It was funny to hear the girls skip goddamn). Samantha got some cute gifts and she was very excited about them. My friend Rebecca and her daughter came to the party and stayed a while, so I had some company. We looked through Liberty High Schools yearbook archives and talked about people we haven't seen in years. A kind of I wonder where they are now. Stories of high school are fun and a reminder of who you once were. They finished the night off with Coraline around midnight. Once everyone was asleep I finally went to bed. 

   I wake to someone knocking on the door. I thought it was one of the parents, so I hop out of bed, and start down the stairs. I hear Samantha telling my friend Chris he can't be here (girls only party). I come down the stairs to Samantha it's okay cause it's morning. Actually it was more like 10 something. I find the girls watching Stephen King's IT once I get down and say good morning. Nice morning movie, right? The girls had left over pizza for breakfast. I couldn't take much pictures because they wanted the house dark. It's okay because they had fun. That's what matters, because it's my children's turn to make the memories they will laugh about when they are my age. I hope they are all good ones. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad she had a good party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did Briana. She is going to a slumber party this Friday for 2 of the girls. Their birthdays are also this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you ended the post with allowing the kids to start making their memories. Good job! Sleepovers are such a pain - haha!

    ReplyDelete

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...