Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent: Day 4 & a mini rant.

Today I had a 2 pop tarts for breakfast, and a mini quesadilla for lunch. I bought a new kind of salad dressing by Lighthouse called Yogurt Kefir Cultures (Bleu Cheese) and I don't know if I like it. My salad tastes weird. Maybe because the dressing isn't as fatty and thick as the others I have. I also didn't boil my eggs long enough; I don't like them soft boiled. Oh well. My day went pretty well. I went for a walk and just hung out at home. I need to clean my kitchen though. It is such a mess because I have been cooking and then not going back to the kitchen in fear of eating more than I should. So tonight is clean the kitchen night.  I need to get the house ready for the slumber party anyway.


Speaking of the slumber party. Parents are just now R.S.V.P.ing. Really? Now you want to let me know your kid is coming? The sad part is almost all the parents said that they wanted to check out this party and decide if their daughter(s) should spend the night. Okay, I get that you are concerned about the safety of your child and want to make sure I don't live with a pervert. I would want to know too. The question is, why wait till 2 days before to tell me this? Why didn't you call last week and come speak with me in person at my home? Instead you want to embarrass your child and hurt my daughters feelings the day of her party; At the party. I'm totally fine with you checking out my place, or me, or who lives with me but, not during the party. I have a feeling none of those girls will be staying the night. Why didn't the parents just say "My daughter will come to the party, but will not participate in the sleep over". I'm fine with that. Don't say "I don't know because I need to check your place out". I wonder if it will be like this for my sons party? Maybe I should plan his further in advance. By the way my son will be staying at his grandparents for the weekend because there is a NO BOYS ALLOWED rule for the party. It was in place long before the planning started. Okay I'm done for the night. I need to exercise or something, get all this aggression out.. RAWR!

P.S. Just wanted to let everyone know I am registered for Bay to Breakers! WooHoo! I'm very excited and it is one thing I get to check off my bucket list.  I'll talk more about this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...