Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lent: Day 11 Why I gave up soda & dining out.

mmmmm
  I give up soda & dining out every year. I always end up going back to the same old habits. I am a serious soda drinker. I know it's bad for me and I know I can and should drink more water, but it's so yummy. You think the fact that its mostly sugar and makes me fat would be good enough to give it up, but I can't. It's my stress release. I don't smoke and I drink very rarely, so soda is my vice and what I go to when I'm stressed.  The reason I give it up every year is the hope that I will have the strength to not drink it anymore. I have yet to beat this addiction to soda & caffeine. I want to and I will... someday. Right now I would really like a Coca Cola or RC Cola please.


Jerry's Hot Dogs Beef & Chicken Gyros w/ fries
  The dining out has gotten better over the years. I do like to treat myself and the kids from time to time. The kids get pizza every month. I order pizza a side and a 2liter on a Friday. Sometimes I'll get Subway for us. For me, well, there are a couple of local diners I love to visit. Jerrys Hot Dogs is one. They have some awesome gyros. The Cheese Steak Shop in Pittsburg has some darn good sandwiches and I love the fried mushrooms. Okay, now I'm hungry.



Today: I had tea, water, and 2 breakfast burritos. I am stuck on those things. Eggs, veggies and a tortilla, yum. I went to the store before its started raining, but by the time I got out it was pouring. I was soaked when I got home. Then I waited a while before checking my mail this evening only for it to start pouring out of nowhere as i was returning from the mail box. I guess GOD thought I need more than one shower today.

Today is my eldest daughters birthday. Shelby is 16. YES 16, can you believe it? 16 years ago I was a teenager, I was still in high school and still living with my parents.  Two more years and she will be an adult. That  is a little scary. No, I don't feel old like everyone else says. I was young when I had her and I still am young. Well until my arthritis acts up from the freezing cold weather. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...