Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I should be cleaning, but....

oohh scary
I have too much on my mind today. I have been cleaning, I swear. If you saw my room right now you would scream in terror. The dust bunnies may attack, I'm not sure if they will, but you never know.  I started my Spring Cleaning today in my room. I am about half way done since I didn't start until 2:00pm. All this week is conference week at Turner and I am watching my neighbors kids after school for about an hour. So I decide to wait until after the kids left to start cleaning. I already went through my clothes in my room the other day. I still have to get the ones I packed away and sort through them. I even cleaned my computer inside and out; transfered files to the external, cleaned the tower, keyboard, and dusted the desk. It must have been a while because it took me 2 hours to do that. Yikes!
  Though I am cleaning and all, I feel out of place. I keep trying to focus on the cleaning as what it is. For some reason I feel like I am purging my life with this cleaning and letting go of a part of me. It's weird to explain the feelings I have as I remove some things from my home and my life. All I am doing is cleaning, nothing different than before, I just feel different this time around. It's as if I am turning the page to a new chapter in my life. I did throw away things I have held on to for so long. I really didn't need them, but I couldn't let them go. I don't feel a sense of loss, those item did bring back memories that were lost and maybe thats where the feelings are coming from. The music may not be helping either. I love Colbie Caillat. She has a fabulous voice and great music. Her music usually sooths my mood. Today I think she may be making me feel sentimental. I don't like it.
  As I sit at my desk typing these words I am laughing at myself and my feelings.Thinking: Ryan would say I'm thinking too much, and yes I am, aren't I?... I just realized I am showing the world how mentally unstable I can be; haha thats okay I don't mind. I'm crazy, but not THAT crazy, yet.

So I am done with my break. I needed one after removing the mattresses from my bed and vacuuming the floor, bed frame, and mattresses. Those things are heavy! Plus it was that time of year to flip the mattress. Now onto reorganizing the rest of the furniture and dust. I also need to organize Ryans DVDs and and games.

Oh by the way....




THATS ONE BIG DUST BUNNY

1 comment:

  1. I have "organized" piles of paper, bills, cards, etc. As soon as I start feeling overwhelmed and anxious about the clutter, I try to tackle the mess that day. Doesn't always work according to plan, especially with little Frankie.

    The hardest things for me to part with are items I think can be used in the future, or stuff that has sentimental value to me. Should have started Spring Cleaning while the kids were on their two week Spring Break.

    ReplyDelete

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...