Friday, March 4, 2011

Lisa: unplugged

For Lent I said I would be giving up my Social Networking. Blogging & emails are okay. I'm not a big emailer anyway. Well, today & tomorrow is National Unplugging Day. It was started last year by sabbathmanifesto.org. I saw a ABC7 News clip  about the site on Facebook. I thought I would give it a try. What i really like about Sabbath Manifesto is that it's not just once a year, they want you to unplug once a week. They even have Ten Principles which you can read on their site and even download. I downloaded the phone app and I have not received my shut down message yet. I believe it's supposed to be at sundown. I even set up the app to text me every Friday to remind me to unplug. We'll see what happens. I'll be doing my Spring Cleaning during my unplugged session.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great idea. I actually leave my computer on 24 hours a day even if I'm not on it. I think I spend entirely too much of my "free" time on Facebook, but I spend all day with kids and need to socialize with adults. It doesn't help that we only have one vehicle and I feel very isolated when it's not my turn to drive it. However, I think that "unplugging" once a week would be a good thing. Wonder if I could get my husband to do that, too. It would make it so much easier for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would make for great "family time" and should be done at least once a week even if its only for a few hours. I know many people need computers & phones to work these days, especially when you own your own business.

    ReplyDelete

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...