Monday, November 6, 2017

Facing The Facts: Living With Depression

11.06.2017
Today I thought deeply about how I am feeling.  I thought about what brought me to this point.  There is no straight answer.  There never is.  I don't know what started my journey down this road; I do know that ignoring my thoughts and feelings is how I'm here now.  I was working more than I should and just coming home to sleep and eat.  My days off would be running errands and doing chores.  I quit going out to watch sports because I didn't want to drink anymore.  I stayed home and watched Netflix and Youtube with the kids.  Of course, I would snack the whole time I was watching shows.  I always had beef jerky, Cheetos, and soda.  We were ordering fast food or dining out while running errands because I was "too tired" to cook.  I take full responsibility for what I've allowed to happen.  I ignored my mental health, I treated my body horribly, and I pushed myself to the edge of exhaustion.  There were signs and I even blogged about it earlier this year.  Yet I just let this monster grow within me.  I made a choice and now I have to fight to get back to a better mindset.

I am in constant pain, physically and mentally.  My joints are hurting, I'm overweight (167.6 pounds), I have headaches throughout the day.  I'm starting to get brain fog and becoming clumsy.  My blood work from my last doctors visit looks like my health may be declining.  I feel disgusted, defeated, and just plain DONE!  I wish I could crawl into bed and sleep for days, but I can barely sleep more than 2 hours at a time.  I know I need to figure out how to get out of this rut.  I know this isn't long term.  I'm working on it, little by little.  Day by day.

That's all I can do for now.  Take it one day at a time.


"There are two ways to be Happy: Change the situation, or change your mindset towards it"
-Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...