Monday, November 13, 2017

Information Overload

  Since my doctors visit I have been trying to research different styles of healthier lifestyles.  I don't want a fad diet.  I need to change my habits for life.  There is an abundance of information. Everyone thinks they have the answer to all your fitness and diet needs.  Somehow everyone is an expert.  Almost every site I went to had some amazing life changing plan.  Everyone wants you to sign up for free information.  Okay, okay, I did sign up for a few.  There are so many fad diets and fix it all healthy lifestyles that I feel overwhelmed.  I wanted to give up; I haven't even started.  I watched videos, took notes, pinned, downloaded, and printed a ton of information to compile what might work for me.  I AM EXHAUSTED!!! Yup, it was a workout just weeding through all the websites and fitness gurus.  Any topic that drastically changed from one "expert" to the other I removed from my list of possibilities. I think I may have narrowed it down.  I know this is going to start with trial and error and be a long journey before I get it just right, for me.  I'm sure there will be something I find along the way that I may like better, but for now, I think I'll have a good start.  I'm still researching two key lifestyle plans to decide which one will be better in the long run.  I have a feeling I will be meshing them together in some way.  Probably add something crazy to the mix along the way. 
  I'm sure you're wondering what the heck I'm talking about.  My choices have come down to the Paleo and Keto diets.  I tried Keto before but cried when I gave up all the lovely carbs.  Sadly, I think I have no choice at this point.  I'm a bloated butter ball right now and I'm blaming all the carbs I eat.  I feel Paleo gives me more options, but Keto may be a better option.  I will try both, one at a time, for 30 days each.  I considered going 90 days but I might as well just keep going with my first choice, right?  In order to prepare for this transition, I am resetting my gut and adding intermittent fasting.  Actually, I've already started intermittent fasting by only eating during an 8 hour period. 
  I know this sounds extreme and crazy.  It's probably unhealthy too, at least right now.  But, I have been eating unhealthy for so long I need to do something.  During the next week, as I am resetting my gut, I will be doing more research and making a plan.  Paleo will most likely be my first choice.  It's seems easier. Seems... We'll see.  The number one thing I must do is keep a food journal.  I'm not worried about tracking calories.  I will attempt to track carbs, fat, and salt.  I have a few fitness apps on my phone to help me keep track, but I want to also write it down.  Writing makes me think about what I am doing and feeling.  It will give me the opportunity to hold myself accountable. 
  I know there is a slight chance these don't work for my body, but I'm willing to try. The information on healthy living is just crazy.  I'll also keep researching and learning new ways to live a healthier lifestyle.  I promise.


What Fad diets have you tried?  Do you have suggestions for other healthy lifestyles I may want to learn about? 


1 comment:

  1. My husband and I are on Keto and for us it is a lifestyle. I agree, the amount of information can be overwhelming so I took my cue from people I know who have used it and did my research from there. I do not see myself using any other plan for weight loss ever again. Down 36 lbs. in 11 weeks. I have only been to the gym twice and didn't stay long on either visit. Wishing you the best of success on your journey!

    ReplyDelete

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...