Sunday, March 10, 2013

Yesterday, making it count & worth mentioning


"Now that it’s all over, what did you really do yesterday that’s worth mentioning?"
~Coleman Cox



      Yesterday, I walked Samantha to Paradise Skate to celebrate her friend Loran's birthday. We got there an hour early, so we went to the Antioch Flea Market to kill time.  Samantha saw a cool knife and asked if she could get it.  It's her birthday soon, and it is a cool knife, so of course I bought it.  So proud of myself for buying my daughter her first weapon.  I know that sounds silly, but I like knives as well, plus I have been telling Samantha I would get her some once she turned 13. She was pretty excited.  We walked back to paradise Skate to meet up with her friends.  Instead of going home, I decide to walk to the pier to take some photos and meditate.  She was going to be there for about two hours.  I walked down L Street and went to Humphrey's. The so called "New Boat Launch" is where the park used to be.  I remember taking the kids there for picnics.  I walked out to the dock and stood there, just feeling the water rock me.  When a boat decided to dock, I walked back to the Pier by Humphrey's and just sat there quietly for a moment.  I walked around a bit to take some photos and then headed back to Paradise Skate.
      It was nice to have time for myself.  It's been to long, most of my ME time has been shower or sleep.  I haven't been blogging or working on my 30 day challenges due to the heavy workload I have for school.  It's about to get heavier.  I'm starting to get behind and I am studying every chance I get.  The only thing I got done for February's 30 day challenge was organization. THAT'S IT!  Gah, so frustrating. I haven't even started March's challenge.  Though it is frustrating to not be able to keep up right now, school is far more important to me.  So the challenges can easily be put on the back burner and done at another time. I was thinking about swapping some of the challenges to fit my schedule.  I told myself I need to schedule in blogging at least 30 minutes a day, even if I don't finish the post I can complete it the next day and then post it.  As long as I get something done.

     So... I guess what I am saying is what I did yesterday was worth mentioning because it helped me Refresh & Focus.  Moving forward and making each day count.


NOTE - Revising one of my old blogs and started posting there again.  Mostly quick notes and quotes to myself.  Maybe I'll share it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...