Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lesson Learned, I Hope


Last week I decided that I would detox for a few days because I was feeling sluggish and "off".  Well I started yesterday with my usual senna tea and cabbage soup.  Also yesterday I went over board on the tea and now today I feel sick.  The box says two cups the first day and one for the next few days or more. Well I went all out and put two tea bags in my carafe and drank it all by noon. So of course I make another carafe with two bags and finish it before bed. Well let me tell you that the tea was seriously working by 5:00.  I was in the bathroom every 15 minutes and I kept drinking the tea.  This morning I only made on carafe with two tea bags and that's it.  My GI Tract feels empty and dry.  I don't think that is a good sign.  I am still taking trips to the toilet every 30 minutes or so.  I think I learned my lesson. I feel like crap (pun intended).  I did have tacos for dinner tonight, we'll see how my body likes that.  I think a nice bubble bath and an early bed time is in order tonight.

I usually do this detox about once a month except I don't drink two carafes of strong tea in one day.  I clearly wasn't thinking when I started yesterday. All I was thinking about was I have my daughters high school graduation coming up, a wedding where I have to be ladylike and fancy, and well it's summer.  I promised myself I would have healthier eating habits and lifestyle by summer.  I feel like I failed, though I am eating better and trying to learn new ways to better myself inside and out.  I think I am doing better but feel like crap because I am not where I thought I would be at this time.  Set backs suck and I started procrastinating, then I get hurt. Excuses, excuses is what I am saying to myself right now.  I AM a procrastinator and I can get lazy.  I've said it before, sometimes I need someone to crack the whip and say "get your ass in gear" before I really get going.  It's funny how I am willing to bust ass for others, but when it comes to doing things for myself, I have no motivation and I drag ass on it.  LAME! I am fully aware of this problem I have. I am trying to figure out what I need to do to keep myself motivated for myself.  Does that make sense to you?  I guess I'm just stuck in a rut.  No, that's just another excuse.  ggrrrr I need to stop that.

So this is me getting my ass in gear and doing what I said I would do. I'm logging off and taking my ass upstairs to bathe in bubbles, then go to bed.  Maybe some relaxing yoga before bed... oohh and some self love.  uhh self love, wheres a man when you need one?

Good Night!

P.S. One cup of tea Lisa.... ONE CUP!




No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...