Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Spring Mayhem and Fan Girls

Chillin' and watching the show.

Last weekend I went to CSU East Bay for their Spring Mayhem.  My friend Becca invited me to go because T Mills was performing. Now, I am not a huge fan of T Mills, but I do like some of his music.  He seemed really tall, then again I am only 5'2".  It was cute to see him interact with his fans, especially the older ladies.  He was polite and remembered a lot of his regular concert goers. he seemed humble and sweet.  I'm not one to follow musicians from concert to concert. I'm not a groupie, but there were a lot of ladies there who had been following him to all the local events.  I think that's crazy. Why would you want to follow a musician around and take pictures with them at each event?  I enjoy good music and love going to festivals and concerts, I also like to meet and talk to the artists, but I just don't get the whole fan girling with the running, screaming, and fighting over a person of celebrity status.  Everyone stands in line and gets to say hi and take a pic, WHY do you have to be first? WHY do you have to tell everyone how many times you have seen the artist in concert or "met" them as if it makes you better and higher in the fan girl food chain?  WHY do you have to push, shove, hit, and kick to get as close as possible, is this person going to heal you with their special musical powers? I am a huge fan of some musicians and would love to have the opportunity to meet them, but I would never chase them or fight for their attention.  They are just people who happen to have a great talent.  It's nice taking pictures with people you admire, but I would rather be able to have a conversation with them.  Not a "HI remember me, I go to allll your shows, omg I love you, can I have your baby?"  Okay, not ALL fan girls are that bad, but most are.  It's gross. This show wasn't even that bad, just a few crazy fan girls.  The fangirling is part of the reason I don't like being in front at huge concerts.

At Spring Mayhem there were a few local bands (as in, California bands), and that's where I get excited.  I love to support unsigned artists far more than celebrities.  Though T Mills gave a great performance, and I truly enjoyed his show. I enjoyed the unsigned bands much more.  I also prefer the intimate performance settings to huge concert crowds.  The bands were great and the crowd loved them, well except for one.  There was another rapper, can't remember his name, that I felt the T Mills fan girls didn't give him enough respect.  He did well and was busting his ass on stage.  The girls didn't care because he wasn't T Mills.  Much respect to that guy and I hope he gets where he wants to go in life.  The other bands included The Cires (pronounced like Cyrus), The Big Bang, Los Rakas, Lungs and Limbs, Radical Something, DLRN, Eric Billinger, and one or two more that I can't recall the names.  All were fan-freakin-tastic and I would see them all again, if I can.  I have nothing but love and respect for all the performers of Spring Mayhem.  Over all I had a great time.  I love live music and enjoy people watching. So it was a win/win for me. YAY! Let me share some photos with you.

Note: photos not in order.

They're already waiting front and center. 

The Big Bang Band

DLRN

Students entertaining crowd between performers

T Mills of course

The crowd enjoying T Mills performance

Radical Something rockin' the stage

The Cires (cyrus)


Los Rakas from Oakland CA :)

Lungs and Limbs 

After show sunburn, oopsy


As I am writing this entry, I start to think about any possible celebrities I would fan girl over and love to meet.  While I think about it I realize I am such a geek.  Most people I would gush over are in some way nerdy or super smart. Well I'm not 100 % sure about a few.  So lets list these people I would fan girl over, maybe...  Note: not just musicians in the list

Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit (He's my Rock Star crush)
Scarlet Johansson
Nikola Tesla
Wil Wheaton
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Mark Twain
Elvis
Jennifer Lawrence  (she loves food)
Robert Downey Jr.








No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...