Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Fitness Challenge.

I am horrible at fitness challenges. Anything where I have to give up carbs and other yummy garbage food makes me cry. I have to do this, if I dont, I will live a short painful life. I can't have that. I enjoy life too much to kill myself with food. I love food too much to kill myself with food.

The challenge:
90 days of healthy eating, meal replacements, detox/fasting and 30-90 minutes of exercise a day. What does that mean for me? Giving up soda, bread, and candy? Not really. The first week I will give up most sugars and carbs. But, I'm not giving up bread or ginger ale. I may switch to tonic water and add fruit or juice to it. I need to learn to not overindulge when eating. Moderation is key and learning to stay within my limits. If not, the food will have to go permanently.

This is week 1- detox from garbage foods.
Breakfast- Body by Vi smoothie with fresh fruit and almond milk.
Lunch- Salad and a rice cake with peanut butter and banana
Dinner- Open faced tuna sandwich with tomato on whole wheat bread, Chicken fajitas, Pork chops with brown rice and steamed veggies
Drinks- Water with lemon or cucumber and tea with honey
Fitness- Walking at least 30 minutes and light exercise till my foot feels better.

I'll try to post as often as I can about my progress. Sadly I did not measure myself today. I did however weigh in at 165.

I will leave it here for now and tell you more in my next post. It's such a pain typing on a darn tablet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...