Saturday, February 2, 2013

Whining Gibberish

Today became a bit emotional as the day went on. ..


      I was once told that I think too much.  I have been working hard on not being that way.  It's been working, I swear.  I have noticed lately  that I have been becoming more emotional about certain friends.  I realize we all grow apart and most of time move on.  So why does it hurt to know that a few friends are walking away from me and may possibly not be in my life by the end of the year?  I keep telling myself to get over it and let them go.  I tell myself I can't be hurt by their choice to move toward a better life for themselves.  Even if it means leaving me as a friend.  I have left some people behind, so I can't have hurt feelings. We're just friends, and if they choose to walk away, let them.  They may come back some day.  Maybe, doubtful, but maybe.  I guess it's karma for removing so many people from my life that I felt were doing me no good.  I wanted more positive, productive, and trust worthy friends.   The quote "If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is a part of yourself"(Hermann Hesse) comes to mind.  It really isn't the person, but a part of their character or behavior that I dislike/hate.  When I see characteristic traits I dislike in others I try to find it within myself and change it.  I am really working on being the best me, I can be.

Notice I keep repeating myself about letting it happen?  I wish I didn't get attached to people.  Well, I wish I didn't get attached to a few people. Everyone else can bugger off, if they so choose.  I guess I'll stop whining in this blog and go cry in the shower.


Oh and......

GO NINERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...