Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Spring 2016

It's been six months since I last posted.  I am still on this journey of mindful happiness.  It has become a part of my life.  For a short time this past winter I lost sight of it. Work had become stressful and it made me so exhausted that all I would do after work was sleep.  I would sleep through my days off.  It wasn't the work itself, but the negativity I was surrounded with.  Once I started doing more solo work in the store I felt much better.  I also stopped showing up early, leaving later, and coming in on my off days to check out how things were going.  I rarely shop on my off days now.  Then, I hurt my left foot. I have no idea what I did.  Some days it hurts so bad I can hardly walk, but I have to.   The Doctor says The X-Ray shows I have plantar Fasciitis and now I'm waiting to see what else they find with an MRI.  I'm trying to stay positive and hope all I need is some physical therapy.  What sucks is I paid for a gym membership and have only been a few times because of my injury.  I know, lame excuse.

The doctor also wants me to change my eating habits.  We discussed the Low carb High Fat lifestyle and I am working my way there.  At the moment I have a lot of high carb foods in my home and I am slowly eating them while trying to add more high fat and veggies.  I think by next paycheck i will have eaten majority of my carbs and will be on a full LCHF diet.  I'm not going to force my kids to do a complete change, but their dinners will fit with my new eating plan.


I will discuss my new journey into this healthier lifestyle.  I truly hope I have the will power and faith to stick with it.


Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...