Friday, June 12, 2015

New Books for the Journey

Hello hello.  I bought new books this week.  I am hoping to use them during my Mindful Happiness Journey.  

ME: Five Years From Now is a life-planning journal. This book breaks your life down into 5 parts: Health, Relationships, Home & Community, Work & School, and Building on your Experience.  It also gives a list of questions and space to write for each section. Being able to write within the book will be fabulous. It also shares a lot of inspirational quotes. I will share as well as I go through the book. 

Building the Best You is also a self help journal. This is a 2 year journal with both years sections side by side.  It looks to be a reflection journal.  Asking daily questions such as: What did I feel today, What am I grateful for today, and what challenged me today.  There are also 8 sections of questions that are like a reality check of the big picture.  It will be interesting to see what changes have come through my life as I start year two of the book.  I can't wait to get through year one. 

I truly enjoy self help books and journals that give you a chance to reflect and look back at your mind set in the past and see how far you have come.  It's also helpful to see what set backs you may have had and what you did to move forward from them.  Sometimes we will forget how we handled a difficult situation as time goes on.  Being able to look back and see what you did, who was kind enough to help will give you better perspective for future problems.  It will also remind you that you can do it, you can get through anything. 

At the moment I am reading through each book to see if there is anything I feel I need to work on.  So a lot of note taking and preparing for my mindful happiness journey.   Wish me luck. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...