Monday, June 15, 2015

Stress Less is the Plan

Last night I had such difficulty sleeping.  Chest pressure, intestinal pain, and vomiting.  I was more than worried about my health today.  I went to the ER.  I was admitted and stayed for a few hours.  EKG, X-Rays, blood tests, and monitors the whole time I was there.  While I lay there waiting and hoping the results were good. I heard the doctor tell the lady next to me she would have to stay for a while because they thought she may have had a heart attack.  Of course I start to stress more than I already am.  Fortunately for me, they found nothing, but I was told at my age and with the medication I am on, I am at risk for blood clots and they wanted to do a CT scan.  Cancer runs in my family and I have awful luck.  CT scans cause cancer, I think the doctor said 1 in 1000 get cancer from a CT scan.  So I declined.  I would rather drop dead from a stroke or heart attack than get cancer and die a slow horrible death.  I was officially diagnosed with an ulcer and GERD,  due to stress.  They were not sure where the chest pain and pressure was from, nor the weird tingling sensation I was getting in my arms.  Oh well.  As I sit here, I feel like death.  The doctor suggested taking today and tomorrow off work, but I declined for tomorrow.  I had already missed work due to being in the ER for today.  So, now I'm off to bed in hopes of sleeping and forcing myself to get up at 3:30 am.  YAY!

Good night and sleep well world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...