Tuesday, May 23, 2017

My Spending Habits Suck.

Unknown Source :(

I had a financial goal for 2017 and I've already put myself behind.  So here I am reminding myself that I need to buy only what I need.  As I look at the new bikini and socks I bought today.  I did need a new bathing suit and socks for work.  Still, I bought a scarf and junk food for my kids.  We didn't need those. I recently spent money on fans for the house.  After I bought them I felt regret, but I'm hoping they will save me money in the long run. Fans are better than air conditioners, right?

I've been reading Ruth Soukup's book Living Well Spending Less. I also bought her other books, 31 Days of Living well & Spending Zero, and 31 Days to a Clutter Free Life.  I bought them last year and read them all.  Taking notes and planning my own financial overhaul.  I hit a road block when work became hectic with long hours.  I let it all fall to pieces.  I am going to give it a go again.  I'm sure the reader is supposed to do each challenge one at a time, but I'm going all in and challenging myself. I'm cracking the whip and putting my finances, spending, and organization in check.  I have 3 goals with this challenge.

  1. Meal Prepping - Going to wing it this week, hopefully I can find good recipes to use. 
  2. Buy necessities ONLY.  I keep buying things that I don't need right this minute.  Including junk food at work. 
  3. Remove the clutter and reorganize.  What's that phrase?  "Messy house, messy mind" or something like that.  

Now that work isn't needing me 12+ hours a day I can focus on myself and what is needed at home.  Tomorrow is my day off and I will start with my meal prep and organize my fridge.  I also need to clean out my closet and storage closet.  In order to get the rest of my apartment organized the storage closet has to be ready for the items worth keeping.  I can't remember the last time I actually looked in the closet.  Maybe I should be afraid haha.  No, I'm so ready for this change in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...