Friday, May 26, 2017

Challenge Accepted



I started a challenge with Ruth Soukups 31 days of Living Well & Spending Zero and 31 Days to a Clutter Free Life.  Yes, I'm doing both at once.  I'm pushing myself to get my home and life organized and prepared for the next chapter in my life.  If you don't know who Ruth Soukup is you can check out her website Living Well Spending Less. I saw one of her books at Barnes and Noble and thought, "I need this in my life".  After reading Living Well, Spending Less I bought all her books.  I don't own the journal though.

I attempted the challenge last summer but was unsuccessful due to work.  Things have changed and I'm so ready for the challenge this time around.  I'm working through two of her books but starting them at different times.  Day 1 of Living Well & Spending Zero started Wednesday, unfortunately day 2 I worked in Oakland and when I got home at 6:15, I fell asleep as soon as I laid  on my bed.  I didn't realize how tired I was.  So, Here I am working on day 2 before work and my daughter will finish it tonight.  We are organizing the kitchen pantry.  It looks like we will be eating a lot of canned veggies and pasta for the next 30 days.  I buy my pasta and canned goods when my store has them on sale. You know those sales, 5 for $5 and so on.  I also bought a lot of soup.  My freezer is pretty empty at the moment and my fridge needs to be completely cleaned out.  I'm afraid to see if there is a science experiment in there.

Day 3 (tomorrow) will be easy. Meal planning.  I want to start meal prepping, but looking at what I have to use, it's not going to happen.  I can however make lunches for work.  Not as healthy as I would have liked.

Day 1 of 31 Days to a Clutter Free Life is just getting the basics down.. Days 2 will be a breeze as its the Entry way of our home.  We don't really have one but there is a closet at our entrance that I will clean and organize tomorrow when I get home from work.  Seems easy, right?

Well I'm off to work.. It's gonna be a long night.  Graduations and Memorial Day weekend.. Bring on the party people looking for beer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...