Saturday, October 27, 2012

No expectations, little hope, and much doubt

I try hard to not expect anything from anyone. People lie, keep secrets, pretend, and flip flop. People change minds, feelings, and hearts faster than ever these days. With no expectations of others brings hopes and doubts in my mind. I hope to find someone someday who can except me as is. It takes a strong person to accept and want damaged goods. I hope that i have the friends i think i have. But... i have doubt.  It sits quietly waiting for the right moment to creep in and give me reasons to question others sincerity.  Why is it so hard for me to believe there are people that care, that i can count on and trust? Why do i fear friendship or any type of relationship? This is something new for me. I don't like this new fear i have within me. I expect nothing, doubt many things, and my hope is diminishing. I keep telling myself to try one more time, but whats the point. I am ready to give up, give in and let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...