Tuesday, December 25, 2012

December Movies

Happy Christmas, Festivus, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and so on.

I went to see Les Miserables today with Ryan. I have not seen it in theatre though Ryan has seen it 3 times. I saw a recorded version many years ago on TV. I don't really have the theatre version to compare to but, It was a beautiful movie and I cried.  Anne Hathaway deserves every award known to man for her performance. I have always liked her as an actress and singer. She is truly amazing. Hugh Jackman also deserves much applause and awards for his performance as well. All the actors/actresses and performers have my respects. It was masterfully done in my opinion. I want to see it again. I also can't wait to get it on dvd so I can have a sing along at my house.

I was also able to watch The Hobbit: An unexpected Journey on the 16th. I even got a free t-shirt. I have been waiting for this movie to come out since the beginning of The Lord of the Rings. It was beautifully made. This movie made dwarfs pretty damn sexy, well I think so. Thorin, Fili, and Kili were pretty good looking dwarfs. They also had some awesome hair. Yes I know this really has nothing to do with how good the movie was, but it made it sooo much better. Is it just me or did the singing give you chills too. We need more music like that in the world. I have read the book a few times, and my daughter Samantha just read it for a book report. In the book I had a hard time deciding how I felt about Gollum, but seeing Gollums face near the end of this movie after losing his ring broke my heart, he is just such a sad creature. It gave that part of the story more emotions for me. Samantha also saw the movie and we really want to watch it again. We may do that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...