Monday, December 31, 2012

Broken Rearview Mirror.

2012 has come to an end, well just about. So much happened this year and yet not much of what I wanted. You can't always get what you want, right? Let's do a quick recap:

-I went back and forth to San Francisco to help Ryan and his family pack for their move. It was a chapter ending and new chapters being written for all of us. The house in San Francisco was like a second home. It was my getaway, a place for me to think and to get lost in adventures alone in the city & woods. I miss it so much.
-My cousin Michael was married and I had the chance to see my fathers side of the family.
-I decided to go blonde then went back to a color as close as I could to my natural color. I love the blonde but, I swore i would let my hair grow out for one year. It's so hard to not dye it.
-I disowned my mothers sister, that is all.
-I saw Jason Mraz & Christina Perri in concert.
-I started school again and will graduate August 2013.
-I was fortunate to hang out with some old friends & two tried to teach me how to snowboard.
-I was told I'm not the kind of girl you take home to mother. I'm too different/weird/cool to have as a girlfriend- I'm forever in the friendzone or the booty call zone.  These people are no longer my friend but sadly it seems thats the kind of guys I attract, so I have no new guy friends. When did sex become a requirement for friendship? Like I said I just happen to attract those kind of guys.  I'll pass!
-I also lost friends when I started school. I wasn't able to drop what I was doing for people, so they quit talking to me all together. Oh well, their loss.
- Friends passed away and I had to say goodbye too soon.  I guess that's just the way it is.

So, what have I learned?
I learned that some friends weren't really my friends. That even family isn't what it used to be. I'm not marriage or even girlfriend material, so I should start collecting my cats and spinster hats. I watch too many movies, or I need to watch more movies. Not sure which. I am emotionally stronger and less stressed than I have been in past years. I no longer have interest in making new friends. I don't care if you like me or want to be friends. I have learned to be comfortably alone, it doesn't bother me anymore.

I saw some movies this year, I think was more, but these are the ones that I remember:
 The Raven
The Dark Knight Rises
The Amazing Spiderman
Total Recall
Taken 2
The Man with the Iron Fists
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Les Miserables

I will end this blog with a song dedicated to 2012. It was a little rough but not to bad and, it made me so much stronger than I thought I could be.  No looking back, only moving forward.










1 comment:

  1. Great post, very REAL. No sugar coating, just the truth.

    ReplyDelete

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...