Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Heavy Weight



As of this morning I weigh 160 even, and yes I was naked when I weighed myself. I wonder where the 5 lbs extra I had last week went. I'm not going on another diet! I will learn how to eat healthier & proper portions. Honestly I should be ashamed of myself. I took a nutrition class and other Bio- Health classes; yet I am over weight/ obese. I read somewhere that the best time to start a new diet/ exercise/ healthy living program is when a woman starts her menstrual cycle. I'm not sure if that is true, but I don't want to wait either. So I will start with Lent which begins March 7. On that morning I will do a full weigh in, measurements and physical fitness test. I took a circuit training class and we did the test and weigh in the beginning of the semester and at the end, so I will do the same here. Maybe I'll even do a little video/ picture comparison thing. MAYBE. I have already made some changes in my eating habits, but because it has been cold (I hate the cold) I have been lazy and just snacking. Bad, bad, Lisa ...I really need to stop drinking soda. I don't have the will power to drink it occasionally, I always over indulge. The good thing is I will have a partner in crime on healthy living.

 My friend Briana is also trying to better her health, so I have offered to be her long distance "Healthy Living" buddy. So you may see some guest blogging from her on here. She has some great ideas for better living and not just when it comes to food. She is an new blogger, but she is worth reading and has great insight on living simpler. Living simple has caught on since the economy took a nose dive. I honestly believe it is a better way of living. Well I'll leave my thoughts on simple living here; it's really a whole blog topic on it's own.

1 comment:

  1. While I would love to see a picture video comparison of you, I love seeing comparison pics in general, I'm hesitant about posting some also. Maybe I will take some pics and post them after I lose enough weight to really see a difference. Maybe. LOL I think it's a great idea to get all your measurements done as well. I should do that, too.

    Once upon a time I thought I'd never be able to quit drinking soda, but really it wasn't that hard. Soda can get expensive anyway, and I would rather spend that grocery money on healthier food. I just didn't put soda money in the grocery budget. Also when we would go out to eat, I'd opt for strawberry lemonade (it's probably loaded with sugar, but it's still probably healthier). I'm not much of a water drinker, I've never been able to drink 8 glasses of water a day. I'll drink green tea or peppermint tea sweetened with truvia or stevia. It's satisfying enough. From experience, it's much easier to quit cold turkey than to try weaning yourself off. Then when you do have that occasional soda, it won't even taste that great and you'll be asking for a strawberry lemonade instead. =) Keep it up, girl! We can do this!

    ReplyDelete

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...