Sunday, February 13, 2011

Worst & Best Valentines Day

                              


I'm not a huge fan of the holiday; never really was. The picture above is an example of why I am not a fan. That Stiletto was a gift by an ex many years ago. At first I thought "What am I supposed to do with this? Stab him?". He told me it was for protection & I need to learn how to use it. I never learned how to open it without flinching. I recently gave it away, because I was tired of it being in my home. I heard they are illegal in the state of California.

I have never really had good luck with Valentines Day. I always got crazy, bad, or no gifts at all, I finally gave up. Then I spent a nice relaxing Valentines Day with someone special, and every year that day was special. Who knew I would actually enjoy one of the worst holidays in the U.S... I even received my most favorite & loved gift on Valentines Day. His name is Ralph. I got him February 14, 2007. I love & collect cows, so of course Ralph is the best ever Valentines Day gift.


 Valentines Day this year will be spent having a movie marathon with my kids. Thats a pretty good Valentines Day in my opinion. Though I still dislike the holiday. 


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

  1. I don't really care for all the Valentine's Day hype, except I do it for my kids. Last thing I need to do is pass along my jaded opinion of today to their fresh, hopeful hearts. My last relationship had all these HUGE expectations on Valentine's, only to have evn bigger let-downs. Amazing weeke trips, romantic dinners, surprise stay at a Bed and Breakfast. All what one would see in movies. All beginning or ending with long, horrible fights.

    To save myself any further disappointments on this day, I just don't bother to buy into the anticipation or expectations. But, I do still hope that all my friends & family have a great time today :)

    ReplyDelete

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...