Monday, April 7, 2014

Lent Update: Illness, Pain, and My Lady Parts Again.

Yay!


I haven't posted in a week.  Oh well, shit happens. Monday March 31st I went in for an ultrasound on my lady parts.  Drinking 32 ounces of water and holding it is not cool. All ladies know it's torture.  Anywho, I go in and the tech goops me up and ask questions while she starts looking around from above (wand on my abdomen).  We talk about my history of Ovarian Cysts and how often I get them and test for them.  Then once her questions stop, she gets quiet, too quiet.  I start getting nervous and just stare at the ceiling.  I'm laying there waiting for her to say "Oh no, that's not good" or something like that.  She doesn't say much after the questions.  Only when she asks me to go take a piss and undress from the waist down for the internal view. Yes guys, internal... I hop back up on the table on this god awful pillow that is hurting my back and ass.  UGH, who designs this shit?  The tech makes sure I'm "propped up" correctly and then says "relax." All I could think was; Uhm, you're about to shove a wand the size of a large vibrator in my vagina and I don't even know your first name.  I guess I can't complain too much, the wand was smaller this time around.  I wonder what that tool is actually called.  The tech takes a quick peek at my vagina and shoves the wand right up into my ovaries. OUCH! Then she's twisting and turning this damn thing like it doesn't hurt.  All she can say is "Sorry if that's uncomfortable."  Uh yeah, you're shoving this wand all sideways in my vagina, shit, I don't even fuck like that.  I think many medical techs are seriously sadistic.  I should have asked for a copy of my pics of my inner lady parts to share with you guys.  Maybe I can get one later.

I went to Schooners for lunch with JW after that because I really needed a beer.  Who doesn't need a beer after being violated? I had a club sandwich, and it was delicious.  I inhaled that fucker.  Good thing JW was off work for his own reasons, it was pouring when I was done with my appointment and he gave me a ride home after lunch.  Have I said lately how grateful I am for my friends?

I called in on Tuesday to find out my results and everything came back great.  EVERYTHING, so what do I do now?  What does that mean when the symptoms are still here?  Now to make another appointment and maybe more tests.  Cross your fingers, toes, legs, arms, eyes, balls, and ovaries that everything goes well.

Samantha had multiple appointments on Wednesday.  Yeah we had a busy week in the medical world.  We were at Samantha's appointment forever.  Her Doc, asked questions and gave us some good advise for Samantha's eating habits.  Everything is looking good, but we are still unable to find out what is causing her nausea, headaches, and chronic fatigue.  More blood work was done for Diabetes and a recheck of her CBC.  She had one last immunization, yay!  We were also given a referral for Samantha to get an EEG and ECG (EKG).  Samantha had heart problem in utero and soon after birth.  Every few years we go in for tests to make sure there are no problems. Even I have to get regular heart check ups now due to the medication I was on during my pregnancy.  Hopefully these tests will give us a better understanding to what is happening to my mini me.  Maybe I can get a copy of these tests and I care share them with you too.  After the appointment we went to IHOP and had bacon burgers.  Yeah, because we need more health problems, right?

Mmmm Bacon burger

Friday, I went to my very first hockey game.  I went to see Stockton Thunder vs. Utah Grizzlies.  It was great, I loved it and would sooo go again.  It wasn't as cold as my friends on Facebook said it would be, but maybe it was just this arena.  It was Military appreciation weekend; It was nice to see military families out enjoying the game.  Before the game we stopped at a local bar called Valley Brewing Company to have a beer and appetizers.  I'm not a fan of eating stadium food from anywhere. I'm afraid i'll die from what might be in the food.

Photo courtesy of JW

The weekend was nice and relaxing.  Had some wine and grilled cheese.  Oh the grilled cheese was delicious.  Habanero Gouda and Jalapeno Jack with onions, tomato, and avocado.  Fuck Yes! and Thank You!

Second bottle for the night. That grilled cheese was delish. 

Watched some TV, read some Floating Dragon by Peter Straub.  The book was hard to get into and has some weird parts, but it's a good read.  I did some much needed grocery shopping and bought almost NO junk food.  I got the kids a 12 pack of soda and I bought me some tapioca pudding & jalapeno cheetos.  YUM!  BBQ'd on Sunday with great company.  Came home to sick kids though, not cool.  I ended up picking them both up from school early today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...