Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Stircrazy


Saturday evening I went out for drinks and the UFC fight.  We had a great time.  I ran into an old bar buddy Patrick from 10 years ago.  It was great to catch up and meet his lady.  I saw my friend Eddie Estrada and spoke to him for a few minutes.  I danced my ass off, and loved it.  It's been a long time since I danced. I love dancing like fool, ha ha.  Well, we were a bit too drunk to drive to Oakley (our original destination), so we planned on taking a taxi or walking to my place.  We decided to walk, which is no big deal for me, I've done it lots of times.  Of course I am the one who steps onto uneven pavement and hurt my right ankle.  Luckily I was wearing some cute cowboy boots and not heels. If I was wearing heels I would have seriously fractured my ankle.



Sunday morning I woke up in pain with some swelling.  By Sunday night it was really swollen and I could not walk.  I was getting pretty worried.  I told myself I would rest and wait it out till Tuesday morning.  If it was still very swollen and painful I would go to the doctor.

  
Sunday morning, R ankle a little swollen

Sunday Afternoon, R ankle getting bigger

Oh I also walked (hobbled) to the store and back.  I was so excited to move around.  I was going crazy laying in bed, not allowed to move. I am very active and can't sit still.  All I can think about is hiking, walking places, and dancing.  Please ankle hurry up and heal. I want to move around.

Monday evening my friend JW came by with a brace and a wrap.  He helped my wrap my ankle up and I left it on for a while.  I took it off to sleep and I rewrapped my ankle Tuesday morning.  My ankle was looking better and a little bruised.  I kept it wrapped most of the day.  When I decided to go downstairs instead of lounging in my bed.  I removed the wrap and used the brace instead.


Tuesday morning, looking better

The kitty decided I needed to share my pillow

This morning when I woke up, my foot and ankle looked so much better.  I'm wearing the brace today and may wrap my foot tonight before bed. I did notice I have a hard time staying comfortable while sleeping. I kept shifting my legs and making my ankle tilt, causing pain.  Maybe wrapping it will stop me from hurting myself.

Wednesday
Did I learn my lesson? Yep, I'll be more careful next time walking home drunk.  Yes we could have took a taxi, but what fun is that?  I love a good adventure, drunk or sober.  I gotta have something to laugh about later.



No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...