Monday, February 16, 2015

A Busy Weekend

I had a nice busy weekend. Busy enough for me to forget to blog.  Saturday I went to A Cut Above in Antioch and had my hair cut a little short. At first I was going in for a trim, but when I woke up Saturday I had a strong desire to try something different.  I have never had my hair straightened in order to cut it before. That was a new experience.  I like the new look and there are plenty of fun options with the new do.
I'm not a fan of the straight hair
I prefer this curly look

My friend JW came over as he accepted my offer to treat him to Tacos and Beer, and maybe a movie. We had beer and appetizers while trying to figure out what the next step was before the movie. It was still early, so we headed out to Martinez for a stroll down by the water.  As we stood on the dock someone was lighting heart shaped paper lanterns and sending them off over the water. It was cute to watch them. We decided to skip the movie as the day went on. The only option really was seventh son, which I want to see, but it got horrible reviews. I'll wait for it to come out on Netflix. By the time we were done walking we were ready for tacos. That's all we'd been thinking about. JW suggested a little restaurant he'd been to once before.  I'm always interested in trying new places.  The restaurant is La Primavera on Pine Street in Martinez and it was superb. A beautiful mural covers the whole place, I wish I would have taken a picture of some of the lovely art work. The customer service is on point, the employees work their asses off. We both ordered the Taco Dinner and as we waited I started second guessing my choice. We sat at the bar and had front seat view of every dish being made, it all looked fantastic. We got our tacos and devoured our food. It was delicious! I have to go back soon.  After tacos we picked up some ice cream, cookies, and brownies to snack on while watching Netflix. 

Taco dinner plate from La Primavera

Sunday JW and I went on a nice hike at Mt Wanda in Martinez. It was a steady up hill struggle.  I am out of shape and need to start walking and hiking more.  Maybe it's time for the weekly hikes again. While we were hiking, there was a man running/jogging up and down the trails. Talk about feeling like a fat ass while watching this guy, and of course I start thinking about food.  The view was lovely and the workout was a much needed ass kicking. 






We head to Concord and stop in The Hop Grenade Taproom & Bottle Shop ... I don't have a picture of the bread because I was too busy enjoying it.  It was the end of SF Beer Week so plenty of people coming in to enjoy the beer and appetizers.
Firestone Walker & Heretic Evil Twin
 It was fun to people watch while there. I overheard people talking about the app Untappd. My friend V had mentioned it before, but I never really checked it out. So I did what all normal people these days do. I downloaded the app, checked in and added my beer. While looking through options on the app we saw a beer that was near by at Slow Hand BBQ. So, guess where we went next? Slow Hand BBQ has some great food; It hit the spot for sure.  It's a hidden little spot in with some offices and a little shop. I forgot what JW got, which was going to be my choice until he suggested the Blind Pig for me.  It was good but I had a hard time finishing it. I should have gotten a soda. The day ended with some shopping for video games and hats.  Then a nice long nap, so long I didn't get up till after 6 this morning. Good thing I had the day off.
Brisket, Hot Link, and Coleslaw
Add caption

It was a nice long weekend. Well worth all the yumminess. Thank you JW for being my food adventurist partner this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...