Saturday, February 28, 2015

My Random Opinion

This was supposed to be about what I am looking for in a relationship, sorta.  Somehow it turned into what I think about all the quotes online about relationships.  This is what happens when I go looking for a picture or quote for the blog.  I get sidetracked and sometimes frustrated.  Most of the darn quotes are made by teenagers who don't know anything about love yet and the rest are from books or movies that are just B.S. stories.  GGrrrr maybe I'm just jaded. 

NOTE: This is just my personal opinion on the quotes I found while surfing the web.  So calm yourself.

- "Fall in love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely."
I agree you shouldn't be with someone just because you are lonely.  Though, I believe we cannot help who we fall in love with, only that we can decide whether or not to act on it.  Maybe that is what the quote means, but I'm not sure. 

- "If the relationship doesn't make you a better person, then you are with the wrong one." 
Horribly written. The only person who can make you better, is YOU.  Your partner can encourage and help, but they cannot make you a better person.  If your relationship hinders your ability to better yourself, then you are in the wrong relationship.  

- "FACT: When a guy wants you to meet his parents, you're into a Lifetime Relationship."
This is B.S. Sorry teen girl who wrote this. It may have been true in the 50s.  This is not 100% true, not even 50% true today.  I've met the parents and you know what I got from it? Nothing really,  maybe some new friends, but it didn't mean I was special.  

- "You really love her, don't you? A simple psychological question, no name was mentioned but suddenly someone came into your mind."
There is also one that says him.  When I read it, a certain someone did come to mind.  I am surprised as I did not think I felt that way about this specific person.  
Did you think of someone? Are you surprised? Will you act on it, if you haven't done so yet?  

- "One of the hardest things in life is watching the one you love, love someone else."
I can understand this one, but I disagree.  For me personally, The person that I loves happiness is important to me.  Happy in life, self, and love.  I would rather the person I love be happy alone or with someone else, than be miserable with me.  

I think I'm done, maybe I'll do another at a later time. My head hurts from all these crazy quotes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...