Monday, January 28, 2013

Practicing Non Consumerism... again

   

I am going to start practicing non consumerism again.  Mostly because somehow I ended up with more stuff.  I won't need to buy shampoo, conditioner or soap for a little while (grandma brought me a nice bag full of hotel goodies). Plus we got a few new kitchen gadgets for Christmas and I have no where to put them.  I will be selling and/or giving away some of my things on Craigslist starting this weekend.  Doing so will relieve stress of a cluttered home and hopefully get me some money to help with my much needed eye exam and glasses, not to mention the dental work I need (an upcoming blog). 
      
      I will also be using some of the items to recycle or upcycle.  I follow a few blogs that show how to do some cool stuff with what you may already have at home.  This is where my February & April 30 Day Challenges will come in handy.  I will be using old clothes and bedding to make stuff for my sewing challenge. I will use some of my old books to make paper crafts that I have been wanting to try for my upcoming art challenge in April.  I want to try a few things but not overwhelm myself. We'll see what happens. 

Upcoming Projects:

  1. Scrap Quilt - An unfinished project
  2. Canvas style bags
  3. Pillows
  4. Stuffed Animals or something small. *Possible give away item?*
I have some patterns already, I just need to finish my craft room.   I think my sewing machine needs to be serviced, but I don't know how much it will cost.  I'll have to call Delta Vacuum and Sewing Center Inc and see.  My grandmother gave it to me and had it serviced a while back, but ended up not using it. So I guess that's it for now. I still have a lot of planning to do.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...