Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Two for One: Dental & Challenge 1 DONE!

January's 30 Day Challenge is officially over. YES!  I was so tired of taking a picture a day of myself.  I don't know how people can do that all the time.  I guess I could have gotten more creative but, oh well.  Starting Friday February 1 I will start my next challenge, Sewing.  We'll see how that goes.  I am excited to get started on some sewing projects though.  Now I have no excuses, I have to get them done.  Plus it will clear up some clutter in my house. So, are you ready for the last of the ME photos?

Day 27 of 30/365: Working on a project, I am stuck & getting frustrated at this point.










Day 28 of 30/365: Uhm... Good morning hair, what the hell are you doing?  I swear my hair has a mind of it's own.










Day 29 of 30/365: My favorite weekly me time.  I have made it a must on Fridays but, I really needed some time to relax mid week.  I bought Bath & Body works bubble baths when they were on sale.  I love that store.









Day 30 of 30/365: The last ME picture you will see until August (Dress up Challenge).  I hope I will have lost some weight or at least made a visible change by then with this exercise plan I started doing.  Geez, I look fat, then again it's THAT time of the month.










Okay That is now done. Lets move on to the topic of Dental care.  I like to read Post Secret, actually I love to read Post Secret.  This week there was this post card about Dental work.

Photo from www.postsecret.com

      To read this is disturbing but I totally understand this persons pain.  I don't really have anything to sell to pay for my dental.  I haven't had dental insurance in years.  I need to go to the dentist! What I have noticed lately is more and more people do not have dental. So I also notice more and more people with rotting, broken or missing teeth.  I, myself  am becoming one of these people.  It's disgusting, and I want my teeth fixed before I become one with nasty rotting teeth in the front.  I have 2 cavities, a chipped tooth and a broken molar.  I don't know why it's so darn expensive and not important enough for everyone to have it.  People can get medical for free, why not dental?  When I looked up dental plans; the cheapest was $113 a month.  I guess only the rich get to have teeth.  If I could afford it, I would get dental implants.  Until then I am trying to be as careful as I can.  
      I found information on some free dental clinics, but they are in cities I can't get to or they are months away, my teeth will be gone by then.  I saw that there is one on the Bay Area.  I'm not sure of all the info yet to see if I can go.  I'm crossing my fingers I can.  For as expensive as dental is, these free clinics need to happen more often, NOT just once a year.









No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...