Saturday, January 5, 2013

Project 365: Year of Self

The first week of the year is done.  How did you do with your New Years Resolutions? As I said in an earlier blog, I will share with you my revised goals/ resolutions. I will also share my 30 Day Challenges for the year.  I got many of the great ideas from daringtolivefully.com's Launch a 365 Day Project .

~~My Revised 2013 Goals & Resolutions~~
In Daring to Live Fully it states you need to do what is most important to you. For me 2013 is about myself; Self improvement, self awareness, self discovery, self acceptance, etc. It is a challenge to do the same thing for 365 days besides sleep, eat, shower, and poop. Some of us don't even do those everyday of the year. I get bored easy so I thought I would mesh my resolutions, goals, and 30 Day Challenges. Together they make up my Project 365: Year of Self. Sounds good right?  So let's get to it.

  • Education
    • Learn something new everyday. It shouldn't be too hard since I am in school.  
    • To graduate from school.
  • Family
    • Spend more time with my kids.
    • Have Family Night once a week. 
    • Send notes & home made post cards to my nieces & nephew.
  • Give Back
    • Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity
    • Donate unused items to local shelters
    • Find new ways to volunteer & donate.
  • Career
    • Try to volunteer somewhere I would want to work after I graduate.
    • Find a company with options to live somewhere other than Antioch.
  • Self Awareness
    • Become less attached to electronics. Having a No Electronics Day once a week.
    • Go to Church more
    • Meditate 15 minutes a day.
  • Self Discovery
    • Try new things (30 Day Challenges)
    • Read more
With my resolutions in front of me I was able to decide on what 30 Day Challenges would help me accomplish my Project 365: Year of Self.  

~~30 Day Challenges for 2013~~

  • January - Self Portrait
  • February - Sewing 
  • March - Self Awareness (anyway to focus on my inner being)
  • April - Art 
  • May - Fitness
  • June - Write a Story
  • July - Read (a genre I wouldn't normally choose)
  • August - Dress up
  • September - Knit & Crochet
  • October - Gratitude
  • November - Thank you letters
  • December - Giving back & Volunteering
It may seem like a lot, but if you think about it, I'm just focussing on a topic more during a 30 day period rather than sporadically during the year. Plus it will keep me off the electronics more. I will post weekly Project 365: Year of Self photos. You will get a daily dose of January's Self Portraits though. Haha

and now Day 5 of 30... Enjoy

I went to the store like that >_<




No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...