Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Lent day 8: PMS from HELL

Okay I don't really know what is going on with me.  I have been an emotional mess for days.  This isn't the first time, but the last few months it's been building up within me. Like a battle of demons inside my head and my heart.  I have a challenged past, but who doesn't? Every so often it creeps back up to haunt me. The demons from long ago torment me in my sleep and in my head.  Before I would find ways to suppress them.  I would try to pretend they were not there and hope they go away. Something is different this time and they are stronger than ever.

I have been a whining, crying super brat to my friend JW. This poor guy has been trying to deal with my crap the last few days because no one else is brave enough.  Okay, I didn't cry to anyone else because most of my friends would have ran away.  All I have to say is THANK YOU!  thank you for letting me vent and cry to you. Thank you for putting up with my pmsing girly shit.  You are an amazing friend!

What have I realized from all the venting and kindness from my friend?  Maybe this time, I should figure out why they keep coming back to me.  Maybe it's time to face why these things bother me so much. I need to find a way to accept, understand, and release these demons from my thoughts, heart and soul.  Only then will I be free to move forward and be a better me.

I saw an article that I want to share with you.  One of the topics is about mindful meditation. I have done that before years ago and i think it's time to start again.

8 Ways to Defeat Persistent Unwanted Thoughts


I will be skipping the question tonight. I am emotionaly drained from the day and all my crying (yes I was seriously crying) and venting.

Thank you and good night

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...