Friday, March 7, 2014

Lent: Day Two - I'm Hungry

I don't think the fasting is going to go well. I was so hungry yesterday.  Today I woke up early and headed to the grocery store to get a few things.   I didn't feel hungry until i was in the store smelling all the random food.  I didn't even make it out of the parking lot before I opened up the bagged salad and started eating.  I won't do that again.  I feel low on energy, but maintaining.  I had a few beers and dinner at Extreme Pizza before heading out to watch a local play.  I don't think I drank enough water today and must remember to drink at least 80 oz a day.

Tomorrow I fast again. We'll see how it goes; If I don't feel well or have a hard time I will change Wednesdays and Fridays fasting to fresh fruits and veggies only.  I can't have my health suffer over Lent or anything else.  





Question of the Day: What do you like most about being alone?

My answer is the option to be in my home privately and enjoy the silence or to be in out in the world and enjoy nature.  Though I live in an apartment and can hear the neighbors most of the time.  I have found ways to enjoy my time alone reading, writing, and even meditating with no interruptions.  If the neighbors are too loud I will put on some music.  Maybe even dance in the nude. Yes I enjoy being in the nude often when I am alone.  Sometimes I can't find alone time in my home, so I will go for a walk and enjoy the solitude of being in the world.  It helps me think, plan, and clear my head when I'm upset or confused.  Sometimes I will hike up into Black Diamond Mines and sit quietly, enjoying nature.  Being alone helps me refocus, regain my inner-self, and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...