Sunday, March 23, 2014

Day 11 & 12 of Lent: Santa Cruz & a Birthday.

Saturday March 15, 2014

My sanctuary. 

Headed out to Santa Cruz with JW and the girls. We brought home made sandwiches and snacks for the day.  We visited The Mystery Spot  before going to the beach; I had never been there before.  I love science and the mysteries of the world, but I was not impressed, I don't know why.  The only thing that made it fun was the company I had.  It was nice to see them having a good time and that's what made it worth it.  I was so excited to be at the beach.  We didn't go the the beach at the Boardwalk because it's too crowded.  I dislike large crowds.  We found a nice spot and i actually stripped down to my bikini.  Can you believe it?  I can't, I was self conscious about it.  I still have a lot of insecurities about myself and it's hard for me to run around in very little clothing.  We tanned for a little bit and then went for a little walk down the beach.

You know, I have never been inside a lighthouse.  I need to add it to my Bucket List

We went to the Boardwalk and walked around, did some people watching, and had a deep fried twinkie for the first time.  I thought it was a little too sweet for me, but I would have another.  I got a little turtle made of shells and we named him Cruz.  We only went on one ride, the Sky glider (I think that's what it was called).  I am terrified of heights, but it was still fun, well until it stopped.  I'm such a baby.  JW and I went to the bowling alley near by and grabbed a couple beers before heading back to the Arcade to play a couple games.  Once we all met up again we played mini golf before heading home, and well I suck at mini golf, but I had a lot of fun.

Cruz the Turtle. 

Sunday March 16, 2014

Happy 14th Birthday to my mini me.  We already celebrated her birthday last week and she was supposed to celebrate with her fathers side of the family today.  All she ended up doing was going to lunch with her grandparents.  She will have a party on the 23rd.  She slept most of the day because she wasn't feeling well.  Poor kid.  Nothing much else happened. We watched movies and hung out.  It was a nice relaxing Sunday.  

Looking Fabulous... 


Question by Jo Estes:  If anything, What is the one thing you would do differently and why?  Also, How do past experiences affect the person you are today & the choices you make? 

I wouldn't change a thing in my life. Even the hardest times, the times when i was at my lowest,  I would change nothing. But, IF I had to pick at least one thing, it would be that I continued college when I first attended.  Though if I did, my life would be completely different and I wouldn't be who I am and I wouldn't have the great friends I do today.  The experiences I've had in my life, good and bad, have taught me to love, accept myself and others for who we are, and understand that nothing is forever.  I appreciate what I have, forgive myself and others for our mistakes, and live life as it comes.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...