Monday, March 24, 2014

Lent Day 20: Stranger Danger

Run away!!!

This morning at about 6:10 am a man knocked on my door.  I was sitting up in bed, trying to get motivated to start my day. Well this knock sure got me going.  At first I thought it was someone at the neighbors door.  Then i heard it again, I walked up to my bedroom window and looked outside.  I didn't see anyone or anything.  A third knock on the door, gets me moving my ass down the stairs and looking through the peephole.  A man in a black oversized hoodie standing right against my security door.  I wait... He knocks again.  I can't see his face or hands.  I have no idea who it may be and I'm starting to get scared. I walk over to get my house phone, and he knocks again, on my window this time.  I froze, listened and heard footsteps.  Panic was starting to get the best of me and I decide to walk back up to the door and look out once more.  he had backed up about half way down my walkway.  I still can't see what he looks like, not even the color of his skin.  Then I hear ...HELP... as he sways and paces on my walkway.  He walks back up towards my door then walks away. I didn't notice he had a bike until he started walking away. As he walked out of sight, I called the Antioch Police Department and reported him as a suspicious persons.  I later reported the incident to my management and was given the phone for the office of our security.  I didn't even think about calling security this morning.

My biggest worry is what if my kids had answered the door instead.  My kids leave before 7 in the morning to go to school.  If this person would have come a little later, the kids would have walked right out to him waiting on our walkway.  The kids and I will be having a conversation about what we should do in these kind of situations.  Also, this makes me think it's time for me to get something to protect myself, family and home.

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed.  I sorted through some old clothes that I was going to use for a quilting project.  I found clothes I've been looking for in a box I thought was full of sewing scraps.  My shower was fixed today, so now I can take a bubble bath and not just showers.  YAY!  I am definitely taking a bubble bath tonight.  Yes I am, because I deserve one.

So, how about a song now... Just because.  311- Amber



No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...