Monday, May 7, 2012

30 Day Blog & Music Challenge: Day 7

Music Challenge for today was to listen to a song suggest by someone named Ashley. I don't know anyone by that name so I will skip a song for today. Now on to the blog challenge

30 Day Blog Challenge: Your opinion on cheating on people.


Cheat- to defraud, deceive and/or deprive another of ....

Of what? Love, hope, faithfulness, honesty? How about all of the above and maybe more. The dictionaries say sexually unfaithful, but what about emotionally? I believe cheating is wrong, no matter what excuses you make. With a variety of relationships to choose from these days; people really need to set boundaries and rules when establishing a new relationship. You cant just assume that the one you want to date has the same values or beliefs as you do. Not everyone views cheating the same. My view is If we are in an exclusive relationship then anything you do with another female without my knowledge is cheating. This is sexting, sending or receiving sexual photos (email or phone, nude/semi-nude included) You need to share that shit, I like to look at titties too, I don't care if she's your friend with a husband and kids. If you go out on dates even with a friend (if you can't tell me that you are going out to eat or a movie with a friend then you have issues and are untrustworthy). To really be 100% honest my only 3 rules are be HONEST/OPEN , treat me BETTER than your female friends, and NO SEX with anyone else, unless we are in an alternative relationship and rules are set about other people. You can tell me about the fun you had with a female friend and how you guys went to the movies and had a great lunch. That is fabulous! But for some reason people hide stupid shit like that and then you wonder why people get jealous? You caused the jealousy in the first place. You are complimenting your female friend more/better than your girlfriend (cause you assume the GF "knows" what you think of her). It's nice to get compliments, flowers, gifts and surprises to remind us that you do care. If we treat each other as if we just met through the whole relationship, then there would be no desire for cheating. Keep it fresh people. Sadly some people get too relaxed or bored, relationships get stale, then they meet someone they think might be better. Then there are the people who always think the grass is greener on the other side or looking for the bigger,better, deal.

This may explain why I'm not dating at the moment. Apparently I'm too closed minded.

P.S. Yes you can go on a date with a friend and it means nothing more than spending time with that friend. There are more than one kind of date.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...