Tuesday, May 8, 2012

30 Day Blog Challenge: Something I am worrying about.

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 8: Something I am worrying about.

 Jobs... I am having a hard time finding work and so are many of my friends. We all have different skills, some of my friends have degrees and yet we cannot find work. I don't get it. I was told you are more employable when you are employed. If you have been out of work for more than 6 months it gets harder to find work. More than 2 years out of work and well you'll probably never find a job. All these places are hiring but are passing up people who are willing all because they have been out of work for too long.
 There are some classes I would like to take to improve my skills and I would get certified. Sounds great, right? Well it's expensive and there are no grants to help pay for it. It's not through the local community college its one of those small private city schools. I am thinking about going back to LMC for now and take some Business Administration classes (close to what I want) to get me started. I just don't know if i can afford the books and supplies. I exhausted all educational funds from when I was going to school a few years back. I need to figure something out. I am also looking for volunteer work at the moment to keep me busy and hopefully employable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...