Sunday, May 13, 2012

A date I would love to go on.

Todays Challenge is: A date you would love to go on.

I guess I should break this down to 3 different kind of dates I like. I don't know how to explain dates.

Photo from a contest in National Geographic.
 Date #1: The Sunset walk on the beach.
I would love to just walk on the beach and chat with the person I am with. We would have a nice picnic dinner to enjoy, something I made at home. I love the beach and I miss it, I don't care if it's cold in the evenings. I have never had a date like this though. I've always gone alone or with my kids. 

How to plan and pack a picnic
Date #2: The picnic/ music in the park.
So pretty much the same as the beach. A nice picnic with food I made at home or some Togos mmm. We can just sit and talk, walk around, if there are swings I'm getting on. Plus I love music, so if there is a festival or event in a park. That's where I want to go.  I went last summer to the Phono Del Sol Festival with a friend and I had a great time.  



Date #3: The Movies
Now this date I have been on many times. Ryan and I would go to dinner and a movie a lot when we were together. Wait... we still go to dinner and a movie. We're not dating though, we are just good friends. Ryan and I saw The Raven last time I was in San Francisco. I love to watch movies, I have movie marathons at home all the time. It's even better when you have someone to watch them with, then go out to eat and discuss the movie. It helps the conversation get going. Some people like to eat before and that's fine to, as long as I get to eat. 

As you can see I love to eat and talk, so there has to be plenty of both on a date with me. Most would say I am a cheap date, or selling myself short. I'm not saying I won't go on a fancy date, I just like a more relaxed environment. Plus I have yet to meet a man who thinks I'm worth all that trouble. I would love to go to the Opera or a play, but those are super expensive and I don't know any guy who thinks I'm worth all that money and trouble. OH WELL, life goes on.

P.S. I just realized that everything I do that's fun is with Ryan. I need new friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Absence of Sex

Two years ago I attempted to explore a variety of dating and sexual encounters. It fizzled out quickly.  I was bored or unimpressed with the...